BHB vs Attack Matrix for Fighter

Shadow Demon
BHB and Attack Matrix (ie to-hit table) for the Fighter is inconsistent. BHB line should be the same as the Cleric in order to agree with the table and S&W Complete (p. 38 & p. 44).

Re: BHB vs Attack Matrix for Fighter

tenkar
Administrator
The BAB for the Fighter was adjusted to differentiate him from the Cleric as the core Light rules only cover through level 3. Without the enhanced strength bonus Fighters receive in Complete, there would be little difference in fighting capability.

So, BAB in the Fighter description is as intended. The Attack Matrix will be fixed when the updated PDF releases later in the week.

Re: BHB vs Attack Matrix for Fighter

Shadow Demon
Sorry, I guessed incorrectly on which one was correct.

I thought it made sense to be consistent with S&W Complete since it is the only S&W ruleset until Light that is a Frog God Games product. Both Core (which agrees with Complete) and White Box are Mythmere Games products. White Box isn't consistent with Core and Complete mainly because it wasn't written by Matt Finch and the author went his own way with the math. It really doesn't matter except to geeky players like me who place way too much emphasis on the math.

As a further example of consistency, spells like Cure Wounds I and Light I maybe should be changed to Cure Light Wounds and Light respectively.

Re: BHB vs Attack Matrix for Fighter

It appears redundant to have the combat matrix and BHB notes in the classes, the matrix should stand alone.