Cleveland Browns Training Camp 2018: WR Preview

Cleveland Browns Training Camp 2018: WR Preview

liny195
 [url=http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/kevin-zeitler-jersey]Authentic Kevin Zeitler Jersey[/url] , Part 3 In Part 3 of our training camp preview on the Cleveland Browns’ wide receivers, we look at the final four receivers on the roster.Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports9. Damion Ratley - Undrafted Free Agent ReceiverHeight: 6-2 | Weight: 200 lbs | Age: 23Experience: Rookie | College: Texas A&MDamion Ratley was an early sixth round draft pick by the Browns this year. During his 3 years at Texas A&M, he only totaled 47 catches. His production this past season really stands out due to his yards per reception, when he caught 30 passes for 694 yards (23.1 YPC) and 6 touchdowns.According to Lance Zierlein of NFL.com, Ratley is a raw talent who “needs to improve his press release and route running.” Basically, his speed and explosiveness make him an intriguing prospect, but it will be a wait-and-see process regarding whether the rest of his game can come together at the NFL level. Funny enough, at Ratley’s Pro Day in March, it was Johnny Manziel who was throwing him passes:I think Ratley will be a developmental player who the team would rather keep on the roster than Ricardo Louis. However, he also was not a lock to even be drafted, so there is a good chance that the team can stash him on the practice squad.Final Roster Odds: 60%Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports10. Evan Berry - Undrafted Free Agent ReceiverHeight: 5-11 | Weight: 202 lbs | Age: 22Experience: Rookie | College: TennesseeOne thing that jumps out about Evan Berry is that he is one of Eric Berry’s twin brothers. If you are expecting him to make the team as a receiver, though, he has a lot of work to do there. It appears as though it was merely the best position label the team could slap on a pure special teamer.Berry literally did not catch a single pass during his 4 years with Tennessee; in fact [url=http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/genard-avery-jersey]Authentic Genard Avery Jersey[/url] , he was a defensive back. Cleveland is listing him as a receiver, and that could have to do with the idea of utilizing him on plays where he can create yards after the catch.Here is a sample of Berry’s effectiveness in space; he averaged 34.3 yards per kick return in college.Final Roster Odds: 15%Troy Babbitt-USA TODAY Sports11. Da’Mari Scott - Undrafted Free Agent ReceiverHeight: 6-0 | Weight: 205 lbs | Age: 22Experience: Rookie | College: Fresno StateEven though they didn’t draft him, Da’Mari Scott was one of the players the Browns brought in to Berea for a pre-draft visit. Dane Brugler of CBS Sports graded him as their 121st wide receiver in this year’s class. When asked to compare himself to an NFL receiver, he chose Steve Smith due to “his aggressiveness and passion for the game.”Draft Analyst lists Scott’s strengths as “tracking the ball in air, adjusting to errant throws, and using his frame to snatch passes.” His weaknesses include everything after the ball gets in his hands — “average size and speed, and not real creative after the catch.” He also has a history of injuries, but is another player who could try out for a return role. I don’t think Scott will be able to make an impression with everyone else on the roster.Final Roster Odds: <5%Michael C. Johnson-USA TODAY Sports12. Derrick Willies - Undrafted Free Agent ReceiverHeight: 6-4 | Weight: 207 lbs | Age: 23Experience: Rookie | College: Texas TechDerrick Willies was an undrafted free agent the Browns signed, and his size is the main element that stands out about his game. Unfortunately, as our college affiliate explains, Willies has had too many issues with dropped passes:Can Willies overcome his drops to try to stick around on Cleveland’s practice squad as another developmental prospect? If Cleveland keeps five receivers, I already see four with guaranteed spots, and you figure someone between Rashard Higgins [url=http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/larry-ogunjobi-jersey]Womens Larry Ogunjobi Jersey[/url] , Ricardo Louis, Damion Ratley, or Jeff Janis will take the fifth spot.Final Roster Odds: <5% Caleb Brantley thought the Washington Redskins might draft him out of Florida last year.They passed on him like 30 other NFL teams did before the Cleveland Browns finally took the defensive lineman in the sixth round. Brantley faced a misdemeanor battery complaint that was dismissed after the draft.The Redskins signed Brantley on Monday after he was cut by the Browns, hoping his off-field issues are behind him and he gives them an upgrade over Anthony Lanier, whom they waived with an injury designation."From what we understood, the charges are dropped and everything's OK," coach Jay Gruden said. "He's been there in Cleveland the last couple years, so there haven't been any issues yet. We'll see. We understand who he is, where he comes from and what he's done and what he's going to do, and we've got to hope that we get the best out of him both as a player and as a person."The 24-year-old Brantley had 18 tackles and two sacks last season as a rookie. After a sack and two tackles in the preseason weren't enough to make the Browns' roster, he hopes defensive line coach Jim Tomsula can get him back to the level of his junior season at Florida when he led the Gators with 9陆 tackles for loss and had 2陆 sacks."I feel like I can add pressure up the middle and just be a disruptive force," Brantley said. "I just get in there and get vertical and penetrate. And I feel like I can be that kind of player here. I feel like I can learn a lot from Coach Tomsula. He's one of the best D-line coaches. I'm just looking forward to learning from him and just doing what he asks me to do."Brantley is the Redskins' fifth defensive lineman 25 or younger, joining first-round picks from Alabama Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne [url=http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/darren-fells-jersey]Authentic Darren Fells Jersey[/url] , Tim Settle and Matt Ioannidis. Gruden said those players and veteran Ziggy Hood are ahead of Brantley, who seems like a long shot to play in the season opener Sunday at Arizona.More likely, he's a long-term prospect for the Redskins, who moved on from Lanier after he was hampered recently by a hip flexor groin injury. He made Washington's 53-man roster as an undrafted free agent in 2016 and had 14 tackles and five sacks last season."We like Anthony," Gruden said. "He did a lot of great things for this organization. But at the end of the day, we thought Caleb adds a little bit more to the defensive line room."NOTES: WR Maurice Harris (concussion) and LB Zach Brown (oblique) did not practice Monday. Gruden expects Brown to be ready for the Cardinals game. If Harris isn't cleared by Sunday, it could open a spot for undrafted rookie Cam Sims to be active. ... The Redskins added QB Nic Shimonek and DT Caushaud Lyons to the practice squad. Shimonek, an undrafted free agent out of Texas Tech who spent training camp with the Chargers, gives Washington a developmental prospect they haven't had since Nate Sudfeld.