Cubs win. A curse is lifted...

tenkar
Administrator
There aren't any rules for curses in SWL. Should we add some?

Re: Cubs win. A curse is lifted...

John Payne
Out of eight members of my group, four are diehard Cubs fans. There is joy at work today and lots and lots of coffee. :)

Curses are good. They help my refugees from D20.

Here's one idea:

Weal & Woe
At the start of each day the curse is in effect, roll a d6 twice to choose two attributes:
1- Strength
2 - Dexterity
3 - Constitution
4- Intelligence
5 - Wisdom
6 - Charisma

For each attribute, roll 2d6+1 to determine today's value for that attribute.

Re: Cubs win. A curse is lifted...

tenkar
Administrator
Would work well, but low attributes have no effect in the core 4 pages. 15 or better does give a small bonus.

The d6 is key though, as only d6 and d20 are used with SWL.

Maybe

1 - -1 to attacks
2 - -1 to damage
3 - -1 to saves
4 -   AC 1 point worse
5 - -1 to attacks and damage
6 - -1 to saves and AC 1 point worse

Re: Cubs win. A curse is lifted...

John Payne
My brain is in Black Hack space.

I'll read through Light when it comes available. I'll switch to S&W mode and see what happens. :)

Re: Cubs win. A curse is lifted...

John Payne

Thank for the suggestion. That would work well.

On Nov 3, 2016 9:24 AM, "tenkar [via Swords & Wizardry Light]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Would work well, but low attributes have no effect in the core 4 pages. 15 or better does give a small bonus.

The d6 is key though, as only d6 and d20 are used with SWL.

Maybe

1 - -1 to attacks
2 - -1 to damage
3 - -1 to saves
4 -   AC 1 point worse
5 - -1 to attacks and damage
6 - -1 to saves and AC 1 point worse

http://swords-wizardry-light.2362312.n4.nabble.com/Cubs-win-A-curse-is-lifted-tp12p14.html
To unsubscribe from Cubs win. A curse is lifted..., click here.
NAML