Custom Calgary Flames Jerseys

hongwei28
CHICAGO (AP) — Jonathan Toews loves playing alongside Patrick Kane Calgary Flames Hoodies Authentic , and the feeling is mutual.With the Chicago Blackhawks struggling once again, coach Jeremy Colliton tried an old favorite.Toews had three goals and two assists, Kane added two goals and three assists, and the Blackhawks handed the Washington Capitals their season-high fifth consecutive loss with an 8-5 victory on Sunday.While Chicago’s power play has been humming along quite nicely, the last-place Blackhawks have been struggling with their even-strength attack. Colliton mixed up his lines in response, putting Toews together with Kane — a common answer for predecessor Joel Quenneville during his 10-plus seasons in charge.It worked.“I know what he likes and how he likes to play and vice versa,” Toews said. “I think we can complement each other well. Obviously Kaner’s been playing with a ton of confidence, so for me it was just go out there and make his life easier and get him the puck and get to open areas.”Brandon Saad and Alex DeBrincat also scored and Dylan Strome added an empty-netter as last-place Chicago stopped its own five-game slide. Collin Delia made 34 saves, including impressive stops on John Carlson and Tom Wilson in the second.The Stanley Cup champion Capitals held a short players-only meeting after the loss.“Our biggest battle is that we’re not complacent,” said goaltender Braden Holtby, who allowed four goals on 11 shots before he was replaced by Pheonix Copley 2:30 into the second. “It’s one of those things that’s going to be hard, is getting over the fact last year is last year. You move on.”Washington’s defensemen accounted for each of its five goals while star forwards Alex Ovechkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov were kept off the scoresheet. Carlson scored twice, Dmitry Orlov and Matt Niskanen each had a goal and an assist, and Brooks Orpik got his second of the season.It was Washington’s first game in Chicago since Devante Smith-Pelly heard chants of “basketball, basketball Calgary Flames Hats Authentic , basketball” while the black forward was sitting in the penalty box in the third period of a 7-1 loss last February. The fans were promptly ejected, and then banned from Chicago’s home games.Smith-Pelly was sent off for unsportsmanlike conduct in the second period of Sunday’s loss, but he said he had no trouble with any fans.“I said it the day after and I probably repeated it. It’s just a couple of people,” Smith-Pelly said. “I don’t hold it against the city. I wasn’t excited or nervous to come back here. It’s just another game.”Carlson trimmed Chicago’s lead to 4-3 when he blew a one-timer past Delia 3:09 into the third. Kane responded with a power-play goal, and Toews sent a wrist shot past Copley to make it 6-3 at 7:20.It was Kane’s 14th goal in his last 14 games. He has seven goals and 13 assists during an eight-game point streak.After Washington pulled within one again on goals by Carlson and Niskanen, Toews danced around Orlov and beat Copley with 5:03 remaining. Toews’ 21st goal made it 7-5 and completed his sixth career hat trick.“To see the caliber and level he brings and elevates in those key moments, it’s really special,” Kane said.It was part of an up-and-down day for Orlov, who got his third goal of the season when his shot from the left boards went under Delia 15:24 into the second. But he also batted a puck out of the air and over Holtby to hand Toews his first goal 14:53 into the first.NOTES: Blackhawks D Henri Jokiharju was a healthy scratch. The 19-year-old Jokiharju has no goals and 12 assists in 36 games in his first NHL season. “We’ve got some young players. Eighty-two game season, it’s hard to keep that level night-in and night-out,” Colliton said. “So we may end up with a rotation where they’re able to, it’s not necessarily performance specifically why they’re coming out.” … First-year Capitals coach Todd Reirden is from nearby Deerfield, about 30 miles north of Chicago. “I didn’t have to get a lot of tickets. I do have a lot of passes,” a smiling Reirden said before the loss.UP NEXTCapitals: Host the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday night.Blackhawks: Host the New York Islanders on Tuesday night. BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) Jack Eichel has difficulty accepting the sorry state of the Buffalo Sabres Custom Calgary Flames Jerseys , who haven’t had a sniff at the playoffs in the three years since his celebrated arrival.”When I got drafted, if you would’ve said we’d be in this position, I probably would’ve told you to give your head a shake,” Eichel told The Associated Press.Instead, it’s the 21-year-old shaking his head in disbelief over a franchise that’s finished no better than 14th in the Eastern Conference since 2012-13 and in jeopardy of finishing last in the overall standings for the third time in five years.This isn’t what anyone – from since-fired GM Tim Murray to Sabres fans encouraging the team to tank – were anticipating during the 2014-15 season. That’s when Buffalo was in a race to the bottom for the right to draft one of the two touted, generational prospects: Eichel and Connor McDavid, who was selected first overall by Edmonton.What’s worse for Eichel is seeing other teams jumping ahead of Buffalo in the rebuilding process.”You look at Colorado and some of these teams, New Jersey, that make a quick turnaround and all of a sudden they’re in the playoff hunt,” he said.If misery likes company, the Sabres aren’t the only ones stuck in a rut.Whatever watershed moment the 2015 draft was supposed to represent by infusing game-changing talent to the NHL’s neediest teams, it has yet to make more than a ripple in the standings.Eichel hasn’t made a dent in the Sabres’ fortunes despite averaging nearly a point a game. For all of McDavid’s offensive exploits and earning NHL MVP honors last season, the Oilers will miss the playoffs for the second time in his three years.Instead, the 2015 draft serves as a cautionary example of how bottoming out doesn’t guarantee instant turnarounds.With the exception of Toronto, three of the teams www.officialhurricanes.com , including Arizona, with top-five selections in 2015 have already been eliminated from this year’s playoffs, and a fourth, Carolina, could join them soon.So much for the tanking tenet held by several NHL executives, who thought the best way to build a champion was to start by losing big.Pittsburgh did that in building its three most recent Stanley Cup champion teams with two No. 1 draft picks (Sidney Crosby and goalie Marc-Andre Fleury) and a No. 2 (Evgeni Malkin). Chicago’s three most recent Cup winners followed the Blackhawks selecting Jonathan Toews with the No. 3 pick in 2006 and Patrick Kane No. 1 the following year.And yet, there are exceptions.Detroit won four titles from 1997 to 2008 despite not drafting higher than No. 19 from 1992 to 2013.Boston has had a top-10 pick just twice in 10 years.Just look at the NHL expansion Vegas Golden Knights, who have clinched a playoff berth and are leading the Pacific Division with a team cobbled together from scratch.”A lot of teams have a lot of good hockey players, but there’s not many Malkins and Crosbys in the NHL. No, we don’t have them,” Vegas coach Gerard Gallant said. ”It’s all about being a team. And we’ve been a team since Day 1.”This year, Nashville is leading the NHL with a roster featuring one top-five draft pick, forward Ryan Johansen, who was acquired in a trade with Columbus, and no other player selected in the top 10.”You don’t always have to be real bad for a few years to win Carolina Hurricanes T-Shirts Authentic ,” Predators veteran forward Mike Fisher told The AP.Goalie Pekka Rinne credits Predators management for assembling the team through trades and identifying talent in the later rounds of the draft. The Predators feature six players Nashville selected in the fourth round or lower, including Rinne, an eighth-rounder in 2004.”We’ve never had to rebuild,” Rinne said. ”And for a guy like myself being here for a long time, it’s nice to have that. You don’t have to waste any years.”Having a wealth of high picks is no guarantee.Florida has made the playoffs twice since 2001-02 despite having a top-10 pick 10 times over that span.The Oilers have made the playoffs once since 2010 despite selecting first four times.The New York Islanders will miss the playoffs for a sixth time since selecting John Tavares with the No. 1 pick in 2009.After 2015, there are even fewer benefits to finishing last after the NHL altered its draft lottery formula. Now, the last-place team is assured of nothing more than the No. 4 pick, as opposed to No. 2.On Wednesday, the NHL announced the team finishing last will have an 18.5 percent chance of landing the first pick, up from 18 percent last year. The odds also improved for teams finishing second to last (13.5 percent, up from 12.1) and third last (11.5 from 10.3).Coyotes forward Brad Richardson wondered whether teams adopting a strategy to lose had lasting effects.”I don’t want to say tanking, but when you do tank, I think it sets a precedent in your organization that it’s OK to lose, and you’re showing the young guys that losing’s acceptable,” Richardson told The AP.HOLLAND’S FUTURERed Wings GM Ken Holland told The AP he has received no assurances from the team he’ll return for a 21st year Carolina Hurricanes Hoodies Authentic , despite reports indicating he will be back.MLive.com on Tuesday cited an unnamed person in reporting Holland will be back ”with or without a contract.” The Detroit Free Press quoted a person familiar with the situation saying ”he’s going to be back as the GM,” but reported it’s unclear how Holland’s contract will be structured.Holland, in a text to The AP, declined to discuss whether he’d return without a contract, saying: ”I’ll talk when the final decision has been made.”LEADERS (Through Tuesday’s games)Points: McDavid, 102. Goals: Alex Ovechkin (Washington), 45. Game-winning goals: Sean Monahan (Calgary) and Nathan MacKinnon (Colorado), 11. Rookie points: Mathew Barzal (Islanders), 78. Goals-against average (minimum 40 games): Fleury (Vegas), 2.12.GAME OF THE WEEKTop spot in the overall standings could be on the line Sunday, when the Western Conference-leading Predators travel to play East-leading Tampa Bay.—