New York Giants fans! Here are your Thursday morning

New York Giants fans! Here are your Thursday morning

liny195
Good morning [url=http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/riley-dixon-jersey]Womens Riley Dixon Jersey[/url] , headlines.Eli Manning: “I’d love to throw it down the field”The hot-button topic with the Giants quarterback continued on Wednesday to be the lack of downfield passing in the offense thus far this season. As he had previously in the week, Manning said that what throw to make is about assessing the risk involved.“If you think you can complete the pass then you throw it. If you don’t, if it’s a risk, a turnover or throwing it into double coverage then that’s not what it’s about so yeah you try to put your playmakers in a position to get open and that’s what we’re doing,” Manning said. “Sometimes they take away certain things you got to check it down and try to get a first down and move the chains and live for another down, another opportunity coming up.”Manning said Wednesday he would relish taking the deep shots — if they are available.“Hey, I’d love to get some shots, I’d love to throw it down the field – hit some long ones and that’s fine and we may get some of those, but if not, still got to run your offense and you can score points,” he said I don’t care how you do it. It doesn’t matter if it’s throwing it deep, throwing it short. It’s a matter of hey we have to get the ball to the end zone.”Brett Favre says Eli Manning needs better OL protectionLet’s talk about Eli Manning, risk management and the Giants’ offenseValentine’s Views: Whoever you blame, Giants’ struggles land at the feet of the offenseLandon Collins looking forward to return of OV Linebacker Olivier Vernon could play this weekend for the first time this season. Defensive co-captain Landon Collins is happy about that.“He means a lot to this defense. He’s a big part of it. We need him. I think he’s going to be back this week. He’s a big part of the defense,” Collins said. “He’s just a big part of the defense. He gets some sacks on the quarterback [url=http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/dalvin-tomlinson-jersey]Authentic Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey[/url] , definitely some TFL’s (tackle-for-loss). Big part of the defense.”Around the Inter-GoogleMaybe it's time to let Odell Beckham Jr. be himself again | NewsdayOdell Beckham Jr. has so far done an impressive job of keeping his cool. "I have sacrificed and made personal changes, doing all I can to be the best teammate and bring everything that I can every SunNY Giants: Saquon Barkley can be the solution to the offense's problemNY Giants have the player in Saquon Barkley who can be a solution to solving their offensive problem. Now they've got to commit to actually doing it.Plenty of blame to go around for Giants' ugly 1-3 start to season - NFL.comJudy Battista finds a Giants team searching for answers, and struggling to find them, after falling to the Saints in East Rutherford. Did the G-Men miscalculate this offseason?Eric Reid has no plans to stick to sports: 'Nothing will change unless you talk about it' - CBSSports.comReid, one of the league's best safeties, couldn't find work until the Panthers signed him last week2018 NFL Rookie Rankings through Week 4 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football FocusCleveland Browns quarterback Denzel Ward and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley, among others, land in the top-10 of our 2018 NFL rookie rankings through Week 4.How Pat Shurmur can salvage the Giants' offense and save their season | SNYGiants approach key stretch of games with sense of urgency | NewsdayThe Giants' playoff hopes may be determined by how successful they are in a two-games-in-five-days schedule.It’s time the Giants go all-in on Saquon BarkleyThe Cowboys needed rescuing last Sunday against the Lions and Ezekiel Elliott rescued them.The Giants need rescuing this Sunday in Carolina and they should...Ex-Giants star officially says goodbye, sells N.J. home for $1M (PHOTOS) | NJ.comThe former New York Giants star put the home on the market in April after being traded.How Pat Shurmur’s influence has helped Odell Beckham Jr. mature In the end, New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. might have found his happy ending in terms of his new lucrative five-year contract extension, but there were certainly times when the path to the bag o’ riches wasn’t always straight.Beckham’s bumpy ride toward lifetime riches has been well documented, with perhaps the biggest of the bumps being his season-ending ankle injury suffered last year followed by some unprofessional outbursts on the field, such as his simulating a urinating dog in the end zone after scoring a touchdown in a losing effort to the Eagles. Fortunately for Beckham, the arrival of head coach Pat Shurmur has helped the 25-year-old receiver gain a new perspective on what’s important in life and how to get there. In fact, since Shurmur arrived at the Giants and began building his relationship with Beckham [url=http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/sterling-shepard-jersey]Womens Sterling Shepard Jersey[/url] , the receiver’s time in the spotlight has been mostly for the right reasons such as holding youth football camps and playing catch with young children before Giants games.“I think that’s a good point,” Giants COO John Mara said when asked about the role Shurmur has played in helping Beckham cut back on the histrionics while retaining his passion. “He and Pat, I think, were on the same page from the beginning,” Mara added, noting that the decision regarding whether to play Beckham in the preseason was one that Beckham and Shurmur arrived at together.“I think the thing that impressed Pat so much was the attitude and energy level that he came in with.”Shurmur, as he’s done before, downplayed his role in helping Beckham take that next step forward as a football player and as an adult.“He certainly is an outstanding player and he’s going to help us win games and so I just wanted to get to know him like I did with the other players,” Shurmur said Tuesday. “You’ve heard me say it before, we’re here as coaches to help the players be the best they can be. Part of that starts by understanding who they are as players.”When it came to Beckham, Shurmur’s attempt to get to know his star player included a personal visit to the receiver’s home in Los Angeles, where he spends part of his offseason training. That trip, which coincided with a pre-draft scouting trip, apparently helped get the relationship with Beckham off on the right foot.“Since the day we were in LA and we met up early in the morning -- I drove out there to see him -- and just from the minute we sat down and talked even knowing when we hired him,” Beckham said when asked how much of a role Shurmur’s calm presence has had in keeping the receiver focused while the contract situation played out.“I had asked (Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs) and those other guys about him and just the relationship we’ve been able to build has been really amazing for me.” Beckham fondly compared his relationship with Shurmur to another one he considers key in his development as a person. “It kind of reminds me of the relationship I had with my high school coach [url=http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/evan-engram-jersey]Authentic Evan Engram Jersey[/url] , who is somebody I still talk to this day, a guy who taught me to be a man and do these things,” Beckham said. “So the relationship that we have is very good. I love everything he’s done since he’s walked in the building and I’m just happy to be a part of it.”While Shurmur keeps the specifics with his players private, one of the several lessons he’s o doubt shared with the receiver is to play with controlled passion.“We all need to control our bodies and our minds,” Shurmur said. “We talk about that with the players constantly, making sure they keep their composure. There’s a real fine line from being competitive and then crossing that line. He’s no different than any other player and we all wrestle with it as competitors.”He then smiled and admitted, “When I was a player, I was involved in a fight or two myself, so I understand mentally how that plays out.”Beckham will be the first to admit he’s not perfect and that his maturation process still has some ways to go. But with Shurmur there to guide him through the challenges that come with being a professional football player in one of the largest media markets in the country, the outlook is bright.“I’m growing up,” Beckham said. “I’m able to take everything that’s happened for me and make myself into a man and learn from those mistakes and be able to look myself in the mirror and have to deal with those things.”