Rhett Ellison is never going to step into the New York Giants

Rhett Ellison is never going to step into the New York Giants

liny195
' lineup at tight end and make people forget Evan Engram.The 29-year-old Ellison is an old-time tight end. He's tough. He's physical. He catches the ball [url=http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-b.j.-goodson-jersey]B.J. Goodson Jersey[/url] , runs hard and blocks as well.Engram is the more modern version of a tight end. The 23-year old can run like a receiver, break a game open with a catch and help out a little with his blocking, which is not his strongest suit.When the Giants (1-2) face the New Orleans Saints on Sunday at MetLife Stadium, Ellison is going to step in for Engram, who sprained his knee last weekend against Houston and is going to be sidelined for a couple of weeks."There's stuff that I can't do that Evan does," Ellison said Thursday before the Giants practiced. "For me, it's just trying to execute the plays and find my role in the play that's called, and try to make a play."Ellison had his best game of the season this past weekend, catching three passes for 39 yards, including a 16-yard touchdown [url=http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-nate-solder-jersey]http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-nate-solder-jersey[/url] , in a 27-22 win over the Texans.Odell Beckham Jr., who leads the Giants with 24 catches for 271 yards, said all the receivers are going to have to step up to replace Engram, who led the Giants in receiving last season."Rhett, we call him Mr. Consistent. I do, at least," Beckham said. "He always seems like he's in the right place at the right time, always making the plays, so everybody's got to step up."Ellison has spent a lot of time this week talking with Engram, who had 10 catches for 104 yards and a TD this season."A lot of people sleep on Rhett [url=http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-ray-ray-armstrong-jersey]Ray-Ray Armstrong Jersey[/url] ," Engram said. "He's definitely a teach-tape in the blocking game. The dude is a really good athlete and makes plays in the pass game too. So, no need to give him any speed. He was moving on some plays on Sunday, and I expect him to have a big game this weekend, and through the pass game. I know he's going to take care of his blocks in the run game."Giants coach Pat Shurmur worked with Ellison when both were with the Vikings."I'm fond of Rhett who he is as a player and as a person," Shurmur said. "He epitomizes a player that you want on your team. He's very good at what he does, he can line up anywhere, he finds a way to make plays. Some guys just have a knack for that. He finds a way to make plays. Very trustworthy and very tough, and he's wired like a football player, and that is what you're looking for."Shurmur even equated Ellison's toughness with that of Mark Bavaro, the outstanding tight end who was a member of the Giants' Super Bowl-winning teams after the 1986 and '90 seasons.The comparison was somewhat funny because Bavaro made a name for himself early in his career carrying a half-dozen San Francisco defenders on a 31-yard pass play in the '86 season."One of which was my dad [url=http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-janoris-jenkins-jersey]Janoris Jenkins Jersey[/url] ," Ellison said, whose father Riki was a linebacker who played a decade in the NFL. "So, I'm sure my dad is not happy about this comparison."Ellison said he isn't approaching this game any differently than others in his seven-year career. He is spending time with backup tight ends Scott Simonson and rookie Garrett Dickerson to make sure they are up to speed. Engram is working with them, too."He definitely has been picking my brain a lot this year," Engram said of Ellison. "So have I with him in blocking and stuff. I have all the confidence in him. Like I said, I feel like I'm a vet sometimes when that happens. He's like the young kid asking me for help and stuff."NOTES: CB Eli Apple (hamstring) returned to practice on a limited basis. LB Olivier Vernon (ankle) was also limited. DT Damon Harrison (knee), RB Jonathan Stewart (knee) and WR Cody Latimer (knee) missed practice for the second straight day.Giants at Texans, Week 3: Live updates, score, news [url=http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-kerry-wynn-jersey]Kerry Wynn Jersey[/url] , more Sunday has already been a busy, news-filled day for the New York Giants. And we are just getting to kickoff of today’s game at NRG Stadium in Houston against the Houston Texans.Ereck Flowers is no longer a starter and that could mean a great many things for the Giants. Struggling punt returner Kaelin Clay is inactive. That opens the door for the possibility that Odell Beckham Jr. could be used in that capacity full time on Sunday.The Giants and Texans are both 0-2 and the Giants appear ready to pull out all the stops to avoid an 0-3 start, which is a likely death sentence for an NFL team’s playoff aspirations.The Giants are 6-point underdogs. Your Big Blue View contributors don’t appear to have confidence in the team today, with none picking them to win. Giants fans aren’t showing any confidence, either, with only 16 percent of fans registering confidence in our Week 3 FanPulse poll.Check our Game Day StoryStream for all of your pre-game, in-game and post-game coverage. See our Giants-Texans Hub Page for our full week of coverage.Use this as your live thread for the first half.