S&W Light Lost Lands Campaign launch

Crimson Death
This post was updated on .
Greetings fellow S&W Fans.
I belong to a group called "The Order Of The Crimson Die" and we are a S&W group/club. We will be venturing into Frog Gods The Northlands and playing through The Northlands Saga Complete, utilizing S&W Light rules. Afterwards we will either launch into an Epic Home-brew campaign that has a dark and gritty atmosphere with a different take on the racial tropes or be playing through The Lost Lands-Stoneheart Valley, Lost City of Barakus, Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms and finishing up with Sword of Air.

It would be great fun to share our experiences along the way and connect with other Swords & Wizardry fans.
Order Of The Crimson Die

Re: S&W Light Lost Lands Campaign launch

Triple Gem
I would love see some play reports especially for any frog god games stuff as there books arent cheap and i have often thought about buying and gm'ing one. How would you run them for s&w light?? just curious what the home bru you mention is?

Re: S&W Light Lost Lands Campaign launch

Crimson Death
This post was updated on .
Greetings Triple Gem.

Thank you for the interest. I have ALL of the Gods Lost Lands books for S&W and one of the reasons I was looking at Play Reports was due to the absence of quality reviews for these books. The only stuff I came across was for the Pathfinder editions and most were based on a cursory read through of the books rather than actual table play.

To answer your questions:

I run any S&W material utilizing the conversion chart at the back of Swords & Wizardry Continual Light. It`s easy to do on the fly and works very well.

My own Campaign is set in the dark and gritty world of Ruathain. There are no Elves or Dwarves but something darker and more sinister. Ancient magics are being rediscovered and newer ones created. Where magic can be cast out of desperation at the cost of HP but should these castings cost you your life and you are resurrected, you come back changed.

It is a world that was sung into creation by the Great Singers and Bards are immortal beings to be feared and worshiped. Where Vampiric Dark Elves are descended from Shadow Dragons and giant slumbering gods are re-awakening. Forests are feared, untamed places never to venture into and ancient haunted coastal cities lie abandoned beckoning treasure seekers who are brave enough.
Ruathain is a world where the laws governing life and death are changing, played out through three different time periods and where characters decisions can have epic catastrophic consequences in the future.

I don't want to give away to much ha ha. It's turning out to be incredible fun.
I originally created it for S&W Whitebox but have mainly been playing it with Swords & Wizardry Light.
Order Of The Crimson Die