Steelers Podcast: Previewing the Week 2 matchup with the Chiefs

Steelers Podcast: Previewing the Week 2 matchup with the Chiefs

liny195
 The Pittsburgh Steelers are finally playing games that actually count! With a surge of Steelers news [url=http://www.authenticspittsburghsteelers.com/cheap-javon-hargrave-jersey]Black Javon Hargrave Jersey[/url] , it was time to get back on the airwaves and discuss the Black-and-gold.Take a look at the rundown for the latest episode of the BTSC podcast The Steelers Preview. On this show Jeff Hartman and Bryan Anthony Davis break down all things Steelers leading up to the game Sunday!Check out the rundown of the show:News and NotesInjuriesKey MatchupsFantasy PlayersWeek 2 predictionsand MUCH MORE!Jeff Hartman, editor of BTSC, and Bryan Anthony Davis walk you through everything you need to know regarding the Black-and-gold.If you haven’t heard, we have a YouTube channel, and the main reason for this is to increase the sound quality on our shows. But if you’re a visual learner you can watch the show below. Be sure to subscribe to our channel!If you missed the live show, be sure to check out all episodes on our BlogTalkRadio page. If you’re old-school and just want the audio, you can listen to it in the player below. Be sure to follow us on iTunes by searching The Standard is the Standard.The show is sponsored by Frank Walker Law [url=http://www.authenticspittsburghsteelers.com/cheap-artie-burns-jersey]Black Artie Burns Jersey[/url] , the top criminal defense firm to call in western Pennsylvania and West Virginia and home to one of the nation’s top-100 ranked trial attorneys in Frank Walker. For his PA office, call 412-212-3878 or to reach his WV office call 304-712-2089. You should also check out his website frankwalkerlaw.com to see how he can help you in your time of need. Frank Walker Law: Real Talk, Real Experience, Real Results. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sat out practice on Tuesday to give his broken left index finger a rest but he is expected to play on Thursday night when Carolina visits Heinz Field.Roethlisberger said the finger was "fine" after he threw the ball 47 times in last Sunday's victory over Baltimore.He did leave the game briefly in the third quarter after getting the wind knocked out of him, but he returned after missing just one snap.The 36-year-old is on pace to top 5,000 yards passing for the first time in his career. He came close in 2014 when he tied Drew Brees for the league lead with 4,952. Roethlisberger said reaching the 5 [url=http://www.authenticspittsburghsteelers.com/cheap-joe-haden-jersey]Black Joe Haden Jersey[/url] ,000-yard plateau "is still a pretty big deal" but he is keeping his focus on the team.The Steelers (5-2-1) have ripped off four straight wins to climb into first in the AFC North. The short week means they won't have much time to prepare for the surging Panthers (6-2), which might not be a bad thing. Roethlisberger expects to rely a little more heavily on the no-huddle offense, a setup in which he thrives."We've been doing it for a while," Roethlisberger said. "We know it. We know it pretty well. We did it really well in Baltimore, really well, and just being able to pick up the pace and the tempo."The Steelers often turn to the no-huddle in an effort to snap them out of a funk early in games, but Roethlisberger isn't using it as a method of trying to get the ball downfield.While he's on track to set a career high in yards [url=http://www.authenticspittsburghsteelers.com/cheap-ben-roethlisberger-jersey]Youth Ben Roethlisberger Jersey[/url] , his production has dipped a bit during Pittsburgh's winning streak. He's gone over 300 yards just once in Pittsburgh's past five games after going over 330 yards in each of the first three weeks.An improved defense has helped. Roethlisberger lit up scoreboards early because the Steelers were trying to keep up with opponents who had little trouble getting to the end zone.That's not happening much anymore. Now that Roethlisberger isn't tasked with trying to play catch up, the Steelers have taken a more balanced approach.Second-year running back James Conner is second in the NFL in yards from scrimmage and Roethlisberger is content to keep throwing the ball underneath to move the chains and keep Pittsburgh's defense off the field. And just like that, Pittsburgh's sluggish 1-2-1 start has become a distant memory."There was no panic in this room early in the season," Roethlisberger said. "That's why we got a good chuckle out of (the media) panicking and the outside world panicking, but for us it was just a matter of playing the next week."NOTES: Right tackle Marcus Gilbert (knee) did not practice and is unlikely to play, meaning Matt Feiler will make his third straight start. ... NT Daniel McCullers (ankle) also did not practice. ... WR Antonio Brown (coach's decision) and WR Ryan Switzer (ankle) were limited. ... WR James Washington (knee) was a full participant. [url=http://www.nflshopoutlet.com]nflshopoutlet.com[/url]