The Giants are back to practice after their victory in Detroit

The Giants are back to practice after their victory in Detroit

liny195
The New York Giants were back to practice Sunday afternoon. They players took Saturday to recover — and get treatment if necessary — following their preseason game against the Detroit Lions. The coaches [url=http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-evan-engram-jersey]Youth Evan Engram Jersey[/url] , meanwhile used Saturday to break down and evaluate the tape from Friday night’s game.The team had a “quick, light practice” without pads as they look to address the mistakes made against the Lions before turning their sights toward the New York Jets on Friday. Whether or not the Giants intended to make Sunday’s practice a lighter one, the grey, drizzly weather might have influenced the decision. It was back to the field for the Giants, even if it was a slightly soggy field.For the first time in camp, the Giants introduced “crowd noise” into practice. Perhaps to get them ready for their annual game against the Jets, in which the intra-city rivalry is played out.And, of course, Odell Beckham Jr. warmed up in his customary fashion. In one potential change coming from the Lions’ game, second team inside linebacker Ray-Ray Armstrong was spotted playing with the first team on Sunday. Armstrong has played well for the Giants in practice and has showed off his range against the Lions and the Cleveland Browns. His range in coverage could help deal with running backs and tight ends while Alec Ogletree puts his ability as a blitzer to use.On the offensive side of the ball [url=http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-landon-collins-jersey]Landon Collins Jersey[/url] , Jonathan Stewart is the starting running back — despite strong play from Wayne Gallman. Shurmur said that the team would adapt and adjust to the injuries at the running back position, and part of doing so was to use Kaliff Raymond as a runner with the third team offense. Fullback Shane Smith was also used as a running back.In the passing game, Eli Manning was reportedly sharp throughout practices in Detroit and has apparently carried that through to Sunday’s practice. Personnel notesSaquon Barkley, Connor Barwin, and Darian Thompson remain out. They’re joined by Jalen Simmons (concussion), Thurston Armbrister, and Calvin Munson (concussion).Donte Deayon, Travis Rudolph, and Ryan O’Malley are back at practice. The fan base for the Vikings stretches well beyond Minnesota, with strongholds in North Dakota [url=http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jon-halapio-jersey]Authentic Jon Halapio Jersey[/url] , South Dakota and parts of Iowa.It crosses the Canadian border, too. Just ask Brett Jones.Acquired in a trade with the New York Giants to help shore up a shaky interior of the offensive line, Jones joined the Vikings for practice on Monday after his completed physical exam consummated the deal. He smiled as he spoke afterward about the whirlwind he'd experienced as the final week of the preseason began, when the Giants pulled him off the field during drills on Sunday. Then the Vikings called him to arrange his travel."I was pretty surprised," Jones said, "and excited at the same time."As a youth on the Saskatchewan prairie, Jones rooted for the Vikings long before playing for them became a reality."There's a lot of purple up there," he said. "Growing up, this was probably the closest stadium we could get to."As an 18-year-old, Jones even bought a Phil Loadholt jersey to wear his devotion after the Vikings drafted him in the second round out of Oklahoma in 2009. He traveled south to watch a game that season against the Cincinnati Bengals at the now-demolished Metrodome."I just liked offensive linemen [url=http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-evan-engram-jersey]Cheap Evan Engram Jersey[/url] , and I didn't think anybody else would have that jersey so I picked that one," Jones said.After attending Regina University, Jones was the CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman award winner in 2014, his second year with the Calgary Stampeders.The Giants signed him in 2015, and he made his first NFL start at left guard in 2016. The 6-foot-2, 312-pound Jones started 13 games last season at center, but he fell behind Jon Halapio on the depth chart in training camp this summer and carried a $2.914 million salary the tight-against-the-cap Giants had to shed.The Vikings have scouted the CFL thoroughly over the past few years. Wide receiver Brandon Zylstra is a fellow CFL alum in training camp."It was a unique path. It was the only option I had," Jones said. "Coming out of college I was short, and I'm still short today, so it was tough for me. I had to prove that I could play by playing in the CFL [url=http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-kareem-martin-jersey]http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-kareem-martin-jersey[/url] , and then when I got to the NFL I had to prove I belong here. I've just been doing that each and every day."With center Pat Elflein still not back at practice following offseason ankle and shoulder surgeries and left guard Nick Easton likely out for the year with a neck injury, Jones was a welcomed addition. Joe Berger retired after starting at right guard last season."On tape he's pretty good. He's stout, strong, really gritty, good in pass protection, solid on the double teams," coach Mike Zimmer said.