Youth John Tavares Jersey

hongwei28
NASHVILLE Womens Jake Gardiner Jersey , Tenn. (AP) — David Poile insisted he would have been just fine if adding Brian Boyle earlier this month was Nashville’s final deal this season.That didn’t stop the NHL’s winningest general manager without a Stanley Cup from making not one, but two deals at Monday’s trade deadline.Poile swapped a pair of young forwards for proven scorers, sending Kevin Fiala to Minnesota for Mikael Granlund before acquiring veteran forward Wayne Simmonds from Philadelphia for Ryan Hartman and a conditional fourth-round pick in 2020. The Simmonds deal wrapped 3 minutes before the deadline.“We’re in a position right now where we feel we have a chance to not only make the playoffs but win rounds in the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup,” Poile said Monday. “So we’re giving away, whether it’s your first-round pick or players like Fiala or Hartman, we’re giving up some future to try to get at it right today.”The Predators reached the Stanley Cup Final in 2017 as the last team into the playoffs, and then followed up by winning their first Presidents’ Trophy last season. Yet Nashville lost in the second round to Winnipeg in seven games, and now the Predators find themselves second in the Central Division, a point behind the Jets going into Monday night’s games.Simmonds will be a free agent this summer. But the 30-year-old forward, who played for Nashville coach Peter Laviolette with the Flyers, is four goals away from his sixth straight season with at least 20 goals. At 6-foot-2, he also adds needed bulk to a roster that also features the 6-6 Boyle and Cody McLeod, who were brought inFeb. 6 in separate deals.“As we forecast and see how the playoffs are lining up right now, Winnipeg Matt Bartkowski Jersey Womens , St. Louis for example, those are not going to be easy series, but those are going to be series against some big boys and going to be some physicality in it,” Poile said.Adding Granlund and Simmonds should boost a power play that has been the NHL’s worst at 12.6 percent and give Nashville more scoring depth to compete in the Western Conference. Granlund led Minnesota with 18 points on the man advantage, five better than Ryan Johansen in Nashville. Simmonds has five power-play goals, matching Filip Forsberg.Poile also managed to keep top prospects Eeli Tolvanen and Dante Fabbro while hanging onto his first-round draft picks. Better yet for Nashville, Granlund, who has three goals and seven assists in his last 14 games, is signed through the 2019-20 season with an annual salary cap hit of $5.75 million.Granlund, who turns 27 on Tuesday, was the ninth overall pick in the 2010 draft out of Oulu, Finland, with much fanfare. His skills and accomplishments for the national team were such that he once appeared on a postage stamp in his native country, but with the Wild he never took that step from productive top-six forward to All-Star-caliber player.He had a career-high 26 goals and plus-23 rating in 2016-17 and a career-best 46 assists in 2017-18 Youth John Tavares Jersey , but this season Granlund, like many of his teammates, simply hasn’t been as good. He has 32 giveaways, on pace for a career most, and his even-strength faceoff win percentage (45.0) is a career low.Simmonds should join Nashville in time for Tuesday night’s game at St. Louis. Granlund’s fiancee was in labor Monday, and Poile said he told Granlund he will see the forward once all is settled with the baby.Fiala, the 11th pick overall in 2014, had been seen as a promising forward. But after a career year last season, Fiala has just 32 points in 64 games and a minus-11 rating this season.Nashville sent a first-round pick to Chicago at the trade deadline a year ago for Hartman, and the Predators signed him to a one-year extension last July. He will be a restricted free agent this summer. Nashville had hoped the 6-foot forward would be more productive after offseason shoulder surgery, only to see him manage just 10 goals and 20 points.“We’re getting a young player with upside that can fit into our room and plays a gritty game,” Flyers general manager Chuck Fletcher said. VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) After enduring a long losing streak, goaltender Henrik Lundqvist didn’t much care how the New York Rangers won a hockey game.Lundqvist made a season-high 50 saves but the Rangers still needed John Gilmour’s overtime goal to defeat the Vancouver Canucks 6-5 Wednesday night.”It just feels good to win a game Nazem Kadri Jersey , to sit here and smile for once,” Lundqvist said. ”I am just tired of losing so I don’t care how we win it, just as long as we win it.”The win snapped a seven-game New York losing streak (0-6-1). It also came after the struggling Rangers had jettisoned several of their high-profile players at Monday’s NHL trade deadline.”It doesn’t matter what you go through,” said Lundqvist. ”All the trades . . . was depressing, I got to be honest.”But we have to move past it now and it’s about winning. Winning makes everybody smile and hopefully it can continue.”Gilmour, a rookie defenseman, won the game just 1:22 into overtime when he one-timed a pass from Ryan Spooner. It was Spooner’s third assist of the game.Neither the Canucks (24-32-8) or the Rangers (28-30-6) are likely to make the playoffs but the teams put on a pretty exciting performance.The Rangers took advantage of a couple of deflected shots to roar out to a 3-0 first period lead. They scored goals 43 second apart with just 2:05 gone in the game. But the Canucks refused to roll over. They outshot New York 55-27 and battled back to tie the score three times.”We could have mailed it in, packed it in, and called it a night,” said Vancouver’s Bo Horvat, who had a goal and two assists. ”That’s not the way of our group. We knew we had to pull up our socks and get going again. I thought we did a great job.”Kevin Hayes scored twice for the Rangers. Vladislav Namestnikov, obtained in a multi-player trade from Tampa Bay on Monday, had a goal and an assist. Jimmy Vesey and Mika Zibanejad had the other Ranger goals.Namestnikov had arrived in Vancouver Tuesday night and barely had time to meet his new teammates.”The first period was tough,” he said. ”I didn’t have any legs after a long flight but as the game went on you kind of settle in.”Namestnikov scored his 21st goal of the season on a second-period breakaway after stripping the puck from Canuck captain Henrik Sedin.”Hockey is a fun game Authentic Mitchell Marner Jersey , so you have to enjoy it and you have to come to the rink and have fun,” he said. ”Tonight, we did that.”Daniel Sedin had a goal and assist for Vancouver. Nikolay Goldobin also scored for the Canucks, who are (3-8-2) in their last 13 games.Brendan Leipsic, obtained Monday in a trade from Las Vegas, had two assists playing on a line with Horvat and Brock Boeser.”I hadn’t played in a week and half so the first couple of shifts I was just trying to shake a little rust off,” said Leipsic.It was his pass that set up Boeser’s trying goal in the dying seconds of third period.”It allows you some confidence,” he said. ”I haven’t been used in many situations like that this year.”Opportunities like this don’t come around too often. Every opportunity I’m going to get this year I’m going to try and take full advantage of.”Vancouver goaltender Jacob Markstrom was replaced early in the first period after allowing three goals on five shots. His replacement, Anders Nilsson, stopped 19 of 22 shots.NOTES: Forward Jussi Jokinen, who came to Vancouver from Columbus as part of the Motte deal, was a healthy scratch. … The Canucks signed defenseman Alex Biega to a two-year contract extension worth an average annual value of $825,000. … The NHL announced Wednesday that Vancouver will host the 2019 draft. … Vancouver outshot New York 34-17 over two periods. … Daniel Sedin has scored 20 or more goals 11 times in his career.UP NEXT:Rangers: At Calgary on Friday night.Canucks: Hosts Predators on Friday night